The FBI San Diego Citizens Academy Alumni Association (FBISDCAAA) is a San Diego community-based organization supported by its participants. Our work is in alignment with FBI San Diego Division’s priorities, capabilities, needs and objectives.
Public support and understanding is essential to the FBI’s success in protecting America.
- We provide a venue to remain abreast of the current issues and challenges the intelligence and law enforcement communities face.
- We provide opportunities for community outreach, education, safety awareness programs.
- We become force multipliers in our region by serving as “Community Ambassadors of the FBI”.
The FBI San Diego Citizens Academy was founded in 2001 in an effort to establish and foster relationships between the FBI San Diego District Office and the community. Since then, the FBI San Diego Citizens Academy has assisted the Bureau to extend its reach into the community, graduating more than 400 participants.
After participating in the Academy, we encourage graduates to stay engaged and join the San Diego FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association.
- We support FBI Community Outreach programs like the Teen Academy, Citizens Academy, and Junior Special Agents.
- We sponsor the FBI’s participation in annual law enforcement outreach programs like the Teddy Bear drive and Shop with a Cop.
- We volunteer at information booths to spread public awareness of safety programs at the annual National Night Out and Miramar Air Show.
- We share informational presentations with other community leaders through our Speakers Bureau.
If you have a desire to more fully understand the inner workings of the FBI, put yourself into the shoes of a Special Agent for eight weeks as a participant of the FBI San Diego Citizens Academy.
FBI San Diego Citizens Academy – In the News
In March 2019, the FBISDCAAA co-sponsored “FBI Women Behind the Badge”, an informational event that was free and open to the public. FBI Special Agent, Davene Butler appeared on KUSI’s Good Morning San Diego in celebration of Women’s history month and shared information about the first women to join the FBI.